Middle of the week Mort musings March 26th

Now it's the middle of the week, I want to let you know what Mort's days are like. He spends some of his time up on the float under the heat lamp. Then he swims around the tank, going under the log, through the waterfall, and coming to the front of the tank to say "Hi!"
 
 
 
 
As you can see, Mort really swims around when a person is near. Photographs catch that movement.
Question: why does he go into the corner sometimes?
I timed how long he swims before coming up for air. He can hold his breath for about 2 minutes.
This is a funny photo. The reflection of my hands holding the camera looks like I'm hold MORT!
Mort moving around

While I ate my breakfast sitting on the floor next to his tank, I timed him swimming 5 1/2 minutes between breaths.

Another update: turtles are opportunistic feeders. That means they'll eat any chance they get, and that's why Mort comes to the front of the tank looking for food.


Comments